We are working on putting together a comprehensive history of our chpter. A brief overview of our history is below.Our chapter formed in 1906 as a local fraternity called Kappa Phi. Our chapter existed as Kappa Phi until 1924, when several local fraternities across the nation joined together to form Theta Kappa Nu. After the Transition, our chapter was designated as the Oklahoma Alpha Chapter of Theta Kappa Nu.By 1926, Theta Kappa Nu had expanded to over 40 campuses and had initiated over 2,500 members. This record expansion remains unmatched in the fraternal world.
The Great Depression hit Theta Kappa Nu hard and in the 1930's they began to talk with Lambda Chi Alpha about merging. This process came to fruition in 1939 when Lambda Chi Alpha and Theta Kappa Nu merged. Our chapter was then given the designation of Theta Delta Zeta. The enlarged Fraternity following the union brought Lambda Chi Alpha's membership to 27,000 initiated members and 105 active chapters located in 39 states and one province.